SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

Great use of baby's nap time!

hazelnutbunny
14 years ago

My 10 yr old SON shocked me this weekend by telling me he was interested in learning to sew. So yesterday, during the baby's nap time, I helped him cut & sew this baby blanket.

The pattern is one I've used many times before, and it's so easy to make your own designs after you learn the trick of the pinwheels. :O)

It's called 3-D pinwheels (the pinwheels are folded, sewn in between the squares & stick up away from the background fabric).

I used 2 FQ's that I received in the swap last month, and the rest were scraps I had around (the pinwheels & border). The back is a pink fleece, which was easier for his first time, and great for the baby to snuggle with. The size is about 24" x 24".

I think the most interesting quilt I've done was using the 3-d pinwheels. I used glow in the dark fabric for the pinwheels, black for the background, and some batik blue/black for the other fabrics. It was a twin sized quilt for a nephew, which he loved!

Anyway- I just wanted to share my son's accomplishment with ya'll! I thought it turned out amazingly well for his first time. :O)

The hardest part was learning how to iron without branding himself!

Melissa

Comments (10)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES