SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cearbhaill

What did you almost forget to mention to your contractor?

I'm getting ready to embark on a semi major remodeling project- we're having a bathroom added in our basement, the laundry room repositioned, and some minor work done upstairs in the kitchen. A wall removed, some cabinets added, new countertops and sink.

Like anyone else I have a sundry list of "while you're here could you..." items that I will have added to our contract- mostly electrical work like additional outlets in rooms not involved in the remodel. The contractor is coming by to finalize our wish list and do the contract this week and I am scared to death that I will forget something important that I want them to do- I have been keeping a list for over a month.

So what are some of the things you almost forgot to mention to your contractor that you later wished you had mentioned? I have the "How To Take Charge of Your Home Renovation" book that has been invaluable (thanks whoever suggested it), but I know contractors hate change orders and want to keep up my end as much as possible.

Comments (6)