SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joann23456

Where did you find good HVAC contractors in your area?

joann23456
17 years ago

I'm just starting to get quotes to install central air in my house, which is a 100-year-old house in New England with forced hot air heat.

I got one quote from the company that sold me a new furnace early last winter. The furnace installation was done on an emergency basis, and I chose the company because I'd been using them for years to service the old furnace.

I called another company for a quote, and their quote came in about $1,000 less than the other estimate. I don't know this second company at all - I chose their name at random out of the phone book, because I wanted more than one estimate for comparison. I've been asking everyone I know for recommendations for HVAC people, without success.

So, how did you all find HVAC contractors in your area? I'm perfectly happy to buy again from the HVAC company I've used in the past, but $1,000 is a significant portion of the estimate, and I don't want to just throw away the money. Would you just negotiate with the contractor I know and like, or pick more names out of the phone book, or ...?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths