SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennye_gw

Need HELP with windows for contemporary look by tomorrow!!!

jennye
16 years ago

I would post this on the windows forum but not sure if someone will respond by tomorrow. To make a long story short, I took out a big loan, got taken by a "contractor" (I am pursuing it legally) and with what little money I had left I bought Pellla vinyl windows for the upstairs of my contemporary patio home. The kitchen and three baths will have concrete floors and counters, floating cabs, toto, the works. I finally got a good, no great, guy finishing the remodeling. I dont like the vinyl windows, but beggars cant be choosers. He installed two 8 foot by 6 windows which look out into the courtyard. They have a 4 inch windowsil inside and stick out beyond the trim outside. I dont like it. He is willing to change it for me tomorrow and I have two choices. Which is more contemporary? 1. Leave the windowsills as are so that I can hang blinds but build out the trim so that it is flush with the exterior of the windows. or 2. Move the windows inside so that they are flush with the interior walls with no trim, but also no place to hang blinds. This guy is so nice he is going to do it one way and phone me pics at work so that I can decide.

My other decision is 4 bath windows. They are narrow and tall (from counter to ceiling). Should these be flush against the wall or staggered out so I can hang blinds. As there an alternative to blinds or curtains that will let the windows be flush? They look out on the pool and need some covering. He will change them also, but he says I am driving him crazy.

What do you all think?

Thanks so much.

Comment (1)