SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmh4796

new constuction need to pick windows tomorrow--HELP!!

bridget helm
17 years ago

Hello. I have been reading this forum for a few days now. I've picked everything for our house except windows, only to find out that they are the first things ordered! We are pouring the slab on Monday and my builder asked me if I want the windows that he uses in his spec homes.

I was overwhelmed with a bunch of other decisions I'm making, new schools for the kids---yadayadayada. Moving to a new city is CRAZY!

Anyway, since I was sidetracked, I said yes. Now that i've thought about it, I'm like NOOOO! However, I want to stay AROUND the budget, (I'm already going over for practically everything else) which for windows he never gave me, but I'm assuming is a pretty basic small one.

I've seen the ones in the spec homes. They have grilles within the glass. I don't want this. (I'm not sure if I'm even using the correct term. When I say grill, I'm referring to the lines that divide the glass.) Are windows with actual 3-D grills a great deal more expensive??

This is the first home we've built and it's a "will build to suit" so I wouldn't say custom, but he lets me do what I want as long as I pay for what goes over the budget.

Oh, I also want the grills on the exterior of the home to be tan, while those on the interior are white. Can you get this in a "cheaper" window. I drove around some of the new construction homes and am seeing a lot of JeldWen, Atrium, and Mayfair. I live in South Louisiana. We are building West of Baton Rouge. Not sure if this matters or not, but location may be a factor??

Please give me some advice, information, guidance...anything will be much appreciated.

thanks,

Bridget

Comments (3)