SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Teensy caterpillars drifting by my computer

alisande
15 years ago

I'm being driven batty by what is apparently a caterpillar blessed event that occurred somewhere in the vicinity of my computer. It began last night with the tiniest little rod-shaped something-or-other hanging from an invisible thread in front of my monitor. I had no idea it was something living, and just brushed it away. It was followed by several at a time, so I brought them over to the light and saw that they were moving and appeared to be some kind of caterpillar. Very tinyÂmaybe 1/8" long.

I couldn't figure out where they were coming from. I got out the vacuum and made a sweep of the area . . . the ceiling, wall, and space in between. Still, they kept coming, one here, one there.

I finally gave up and took a shower last night, hoping they would disappear by morning. But no, one just drifted by a few minutes agoÂor attempted to, before I intervened.

Aside from making me watchful and itchy, what will the outcome be? Finding no plants to eat in the house (unless they make their way to another room where some houseplants reside), will they whither away? Or should I expect to see larger versions hanging out here as the summer progresses?

This might turn into a three-shower day . . .

Susan

Comments (3)