SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phxremodel

Installing Attic Ventilation

phxremodel
9 years ago

We are completing a remodel and both the AC contractor and the insulation contractor told us that our attic was way too hot and we needed better ventilation.

We live in the Phoenix, AZ metro area. Single story asphalt shingle home, built in 1985. The builder installed an attic fan that the insulation contractor says is electric. It has not kicked on during this plus 100 degree weather, so is probably no longer functional.

Have read quite a bit and the one thing that stood out is many attic ventilation systems are set up wrong and therefore, not effective. I had one roofer out today who want to put in a ridge vent, but with nothing else. I think we need both air inflow as well as outflow. He said we could hire someone else to add some bird stops for soffit venting. Shouldn't the layout be designed for placement and numbers, but the same company

Since this is not a contractor we will want to work with, I would like to look for another roofing company. I am just not sure the correct questions to ask and how to know if we are working with someone who can get the air flowing correctly. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thanks so much for your help!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths