SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
atlcharm

Interior Door Replacement due to Cat Door

atlcharm
17 years ago

Hi,

I wasn't sure wear to place this. I'm not doing remodeling but the expertise would seem to fall under this forum. I just brought a beautiful home and needed to figure out a proper place to hide my litter boxes. I don't want to put it in the garage for fear of running over the kitties or them escaping when the garage door opens. Can't put it in the laundry room as there really is not much space in there. I thought of one of the spare bedrooms upstairs but am not feeling that. So my last resort was the kitchen. My kitchen is really open with two large pantrys and a third pantry which technically is just storage as their is only one shelf in there. It's sits across the room away from food counter, fridge, etc. This seems like the perfect place. I really don't want to cut the cat door as all of my doors are so beautiful, not your basic interior doors. If i do cut the door I will have to replace before selling. How do I know what brand and model my door is. I When i replace it would look odd if the door does not match the others. That is my real dilemma. Also can anyone think of any other creative ideas beside the cat door. I don't want to leave the door wide open, but I'm hesitant on the cat door as well.

Thanks!

Comments (12)