SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelleg69

How much space needed between table and island?

kelleg69
15 years ago

I will have an island that will back up to the breakfast table. Then, the table backs up to sliding doors. I have a similar situation in my current kitchen except in my current house, my island stools are not backing up to the table. In the new kitchen, they will back into the table. I am trying to decide how much space I need. My table is 35 inches wide and about 6 feet long. It seats six. The sides with the two chairs will be the ones close to the island. Anyway, I think I have about 127 inches between the sliders and the island. I am trying to decide if I can curve the island countertop or not. If I curve it, it will be slight--3 inches. I will lose those three inches in the space for the table. Am I making any sense? I think my question is, how much space would be good between those table chairs and island chairs? In my current house, I have about 5 feet between the island and table chairs, but the island chairs aren't right there--though we do have a trash can there (in that five feet of space).

Let me know if you have any opinions. Thanks.

Comments (6)