SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizzyb55

I drove to Alabama yesterday....

liz
15 years ago

and attended Country Bumpkins husbands funeral...I've known Bumpkin since the KT opened as she was one of the originals here. She's been to my home and there was just no way I was going to sit at home yesterday knowing she was burying the love of her life. She's just a hop, skip and jump from me, a little over 2 hours.

Could you feel the hugs going out from all of you???...I made sure she got enough hugs from this entire board, the entire WWW for that fact...course I had to be gentle cause she's such a wisp of a thing I was afraid I might break her...

She is surrounded by a loving family and wonderful friends and I just know she'll be fine...but it did me good to go and let her know we all love her and feel her anguish...

It was a wonderful celebration of his life and in a world of so much turmoil and upset, it made me feel good to sit in that church and know that yesterday in that corner of the world all was right as one man found his way home...Andy, and Christy, Bumps children are just wonderful kids and Ronnie would have been so proud of how they ralleyed around their mother in time of need...I am so thankful that we could share in his birthday celebration in April...Many people remarked how thoroughly pleased he was to receive soooo many birthday cards from total strangers...It's hard for people who don't belong to a forum like this to understand that while we may be faceless, we are NOT strangers...

Comments (33)