SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estercita_gw

before-after pictures of kitchen

estercita
11 years ago

Hi, all. I've only posted on here a few times, but I wanted to share pictures of our finished kitchen. I got a lot of ideas from this forum. So thank you!

We worked with a kitchen designer because (a) I'm very indecisive and overwhelmed by too many options and (b) we didn't have strong ideas about what we wanted, other than opening up the DR/kitchen space, having an island, and using the underutilized space at the far end of the kitchen.

The design our kitchen designer pulled together was inspired by the Mediterranean/Latin American colors & style our TS Post dinnerware (see photos). We love our new kitchen, esp. all the pantry space and the flow b/tw the kitchen and DR. It's so much easier to entertain now. Before guests didn't have anything to lean up on in the kitchen while we were cooking.

Here are the details:

Cabinets: cherry; custom by GlickâÂÂs (nearby Amish business)
Cabinet pulls: âÂÂCanterburyâ in rust, by Top Knobs
Floor tile: didnâÂÂt change
Backsplash: âÂÂSan Martinoâ series by American Olean (mixed 2x2 mosaic and 2x2 patterned tiles)
Countertops: Zodiaq quartz in Toasted Almond
Sink: Elkay Gourmet Elumina Stainless Steel 33" x 22" Double Basin Top Mount
Faucet: Moen Aberdeen classic stainless pulldown
Refrigerator: Kenmore Elite
Range: LG
Microwave: Kenmore
Dishwasher: didnâÂÂt change (hardly use it!)

Paint: faux paint color wash; base coat for DR = Rembrandt Ruby (Sherwin Williams). I canâÂÂt remember the kitchen color off-hand; it was also SW. The accent color was chosen by the painter. He also applied a gloss, which makes the colors come through.

Happy remodeling!

Here is a link that might be useful: remodeling pictures

Comments (13)