SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dingoaint

Time to order--is this layout OK? (pics)

Fori
15 years ago

Y'all have been very patient with me and given me lots of good advice so I'm not ordering anything without consulting here!

I've been stringing along my cabinet guy and GC for a few years and now it's time. Most of this has been posted before but I do have a few questions before meeting with cabinet guy tomorrow.

So, rectangular galley, 17.5'x9' and 8' ceilings. Door on each end, plus one on range wall leading to dining room. Sink side has two windows, one over sink and one lower, over a table height "baking center".

Main issues: what goes over the builtin fridge? It'll be a cabinet of about 5-8" high (depending on how much filler and moulding we end up using). I think it will look silly. Decorative cubbies has been suggested.

The other issue is the angled cabinet. It dives into the door to the dining room and I'm worried it'll feel squished. Should the upper doors be sacrificed for an open feeling? Open shelves for the phone and cookbooks and stuff that I don't have a place for anyway?

These drawings aren't perfect representations, by the way. We've been assured that the cabinet maker can do things his software (or software skills?) cannot. Things like uniform overlay...

This last pic is an older plan, but has labels. Trash pullout is to the left of the sink. The cooktop will be either 30 or 36" (hood 36"). The dish drawers and refrigerator will be integrated and paneled. Sink wall cabinets are 30" deep lowers and 18" deep uppers (Do I need to do glass on these uppers to keep things looking airy? Not clear glass of course!).

Any last minute changes I should be making? More details are in my old thread if you're up to it... :)

I appreciate any advice! ThanksF

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous thread

Comments (15)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio