SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi_boo

Email from friend - what would you do?

mimi_boo
14 years ago

I got this from a friend (on and off) and I'm not sure what to do/respond. Your thoughts?

"Subject: request to please help me?

Hi Barbara, I know your time is filled with caring for your mom and Christopher is the center of everyone's concern right now....so glad he's okay and safe now. I have a request I am hoping you can help me with. You are one of my only friends and I really need my friends right now. I'm so sad. I'm so tired and confused and I'm scared. I have to move on Saturday 5/8 and be out totally by 5/30. I have some people coming to help move the big stuff on Sat but I don't have everything packed. I've been very sick for 10 days and still can't breathe well and coughing. I have to move to a studio apt for at least 6 months at Cathy's house-renting it for $600 including everything til I can pay off my credit cards and health care bills- a lot. I know you can relate, but no raise again and no hope of really ever making any more salary or promotion. I have to change my way and cost of living. I'm 45 and nothing to show for it. I have 0."

I'll reserve my immediate reaction for later.

Comments (35)