SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cani

using an off brand quartz?

cani
10 years ago

Now I'm in another dilemma with the countertop. I finally picked a marble slab for the backsplash. The place I bought it, Stoneville in North Hollywood also carries their own quartz line, Titan.

They carry a color that would be perfect. It's almost identical to the Steel color that I like by Silestone without the shimmery speckles in it. I wasn't crazy about the silver speckles but it is the only color that has the right hue to it. It makes the marble pop without being too dark like the Raven or Concrete colors.

This material would cost me $895 vs $1396 for a silestone slab and I need two slabs so I would be saving over $1000 by the time you add tax. The fellow at Stoneville said it is fabricated in India on Breton machinery. I mentioned the fact that Silestone and Ceasertstone have 93% quartz whereas theirs has 90%. He told me that you have to look up specs on each slab because that percentage could vary according to color etc and that it means its up to 93%. Can any of you fabricators verify that what he said is true?

Has anyone used an off brand quartz and how has it held up?

I'm really hesitant to go with an unknown brand.

Comments (12)