SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
floridajane_gw

Mortgage lender bait and switch?

floridajane
16 years ago

Not sure what to think of this one, so I thought I'd bounce it off of everyone here:

We shopped around for our mortgage and went with the bank who offered to wrap our pre-paids (insurance and taxes) into a point and somehow make them tax deductible at year's end. No one else was able to offer this, so we were pretty pleased!

When the bank sent us the HUD statement I asked if there was any special paperwork that needed to be addressed for the pre-paids scenario. The mortgage lender said that she had 'forgotten' about this and would get on it right away. She later called and said that though the bank had told her the previous month that she could offer this scenario to clients they had since learned that this couldn't be done. So, they weren't going to do this for us after all. So sorry...

As you can imagine we were surprised, but since no one had provided the actual figures for our savings by claiming this point, we still don't really know how upset to be! Still the overwhelming feeling we have is that the bank didn't act in good faith and try to make up for a really big error and somehow they should.

Does this sound strange to any of you? Should we pursue this matter with the mortgage lender or let it go?

Thanks in advance,

Jane

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH