SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
littlealexa

WWYD re Stove? 1910 Kitchen

littlealexa
13 years ago

Hi there, I'm in a bind as I can't seem to make up my mind. I live in a 1910 craftsman victorian. It has a galley style kitchen and was updated in the 70s - early 80s. It has oak cabinets in great shape. I plan on keeping them. After seeing so many gorgeous kitchens, I have been nagging DH to update the kitchen (rearrange the cabinets and put in a freestanding hutch that I have). I would like for it to look like it fits with the rest of the house. One option is to have a black stove since I think it looks great with the oak cabinets.

The other option is put in a vintage stove. My mom is giving me a vintage Roper stove in excellent condition. That's right, free! It is original to my childhood house, 50-60s. My mom has been using it for the past 30 years. It is white with the stove top in black and is 40" wide. If I were to go with this option, I would have to reroute the gas lines as the current stove placement calls for a 30" stove.

Would you expect a vintage stove in such a kitchen or would a black stove complementing the oak look ok?

I could also just keep the vintage stove in the basement and create a summer kitchen.

So, what would you do? What would you expect in such a kitchen?

Comments (17)