SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

Dear Jane: It's Robbi's fault!

K8Orlando
10 years ago

I'm so intrigued by Robbi's rainbow Dear Jane, that I decided to give it a try. I looked at Sylvia's Bridal quilt and The Farmers Wife quilt, but went with Dear Jane. Not sure I'm ready to commit to a block of the month subscription (10 blocks per month for 2 years!) but I bought the book today and will try to do a few blocks each month. I am working on choosing colors and having a hard time deciding. There are so many gorgeous examples on line! We all know I won't be going totally scrappy with it (LOL) but I'm considering using all batiks or maybe even Kaffe Fassette's colorful prints. I'll probably restrict it to just a couple colors because I loved the Sylvia's Bridal quilt in all teals and browns done by Nanajayne (I believe that's who made that beauty) and I think the controlled layout of colors is part of what makes Robbi's quilt so striking. Pretty sure I'll use a white background, but there are some other good choices for that too! Arrrrggghhh! So many options!!! I'm sure this will be at least a two year project so it's important to choose something I won't get tired of before I'm done.

If anyone else is starting one of these multi-mini-block sampler quilts, like Dear Jane or Sylvia's Bridal or The Farmer's Wife, let me know. Maybe we can inspire each other and post updates. Or, if you've done one, any words of advice will be appreciated!

Kate

Comments (33)