SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Letter from Japan!

Kathsgrdn
12 years ago

I'm so excited! I got home tonight and Johanna handed me a letter from my relatives in Japan. They are all ok after the earthquake, thank goodness. Sadly, my mom's last sister passed away last August. I just assumed she died before my mom. She had a stroke and the last time my mom heard she was in the hospital and no news for about a year, then my mom died. My mom died in 2004.

My cousin Hatsuko, who I used to write when I was in high school is doing well and would like to meet me! The granddaughter of my mom's sister wrote the letter for her grandfather and wants to come to visit the U.S. Not sure who's child this is, my cousin Hatsuko, or one of her younger brothers? They are wanting us to come visit after things calm down in Japan. I thought it was cute, that she wrote, "Japan revives by all means!" and beside that is a drawing of the Japanese flag.

Just thought you'd all like to know. I haven't heard any new news about how things are in Japan. All I've seen on the news lately is the royal wedding and now Osama Bin Laden reports. I have a few days off and am going to write a long letter. ( :

Comments (7)