SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20096364

Disappointed with DDs room

User
12 years ago

(Lots of pictures below) We finally got the "bones" of my 5 year old DD's room done, and now that it's all there, I am a bit disappointed. The room is a bit small, with no where for the furniture to go except for up against the walls. We did the loft bed so there was safe egress in case of a fire, and also so she could sit up the top and be able to look right out the windows, and also for additional sleeping space. Window trim and floors are white oak and will stay natural. (door trim soon to be the same). I was hoping for a part shabby-chic, part organic-rustic Serena and Lily look. Any ideas on how to get me in that direction? Particularly for mirrors and lamps? I want both bunks to have a light for reading, plus a desk lamp and a bedside lamp I'm afraid it's starting to look too hodge-podge. I will be doing a wall hanging mirror near the closet door for her full-length. Then I was going to do a mirror on the wall across from each window, to bounce the light around (so that would be above the dresser, and above her bedside table). I was thinking I would do all the mirrors and lamps in textured creamy whites, and that would help make the space more cohesive. But maybe that is not a good idea? The dollhouse will also stay, and probably be painted cream to match the walls. Her desk is ugly and I would like to replace it with a writing-style table / desk.

There will eventually be short curtains at the windows, and along the lower bunk. We sew, and there are tons of gorgeous fabrics out there, so picking fabric will be a lot easier.

I know this post is kind of random but I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone had any ideas or suggestions! PS - my DD is not too picky, as long as its "pretty"!

Jenny

Looking in the doorway (she has her own bathroom to the left)

To the right of the doorway

closet doors and full-length mirror spot

loft bed 1

loft bed 2

Comments (15)