SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
airycat

Fabric Art (Art Quilting)

airycat
15 years ago

I did a search for these topics and only found one thread, but that was merely asking what it is. What I mean by the terms is a fabric wall hanging (not meant for bed or lap), or smaller items that may include quilting, or be 100% pieced and/or appliquéd, and quilted, or may also include other elements, including embroidery, beading, cross stitch, felting, and, well, really anything. Actually, I saw challenge recently that said to try to find ways to recycle things into some fabric art.

My question is, is there anyone, or a group, here that does this and is interested in sharing ideas about it?

I do very little traditional quilting. I like it, but am apparently too ADD to complete anything very large. It took me 15 years to complete a machine pieced, hand quilted bed sized quilt! (And one day for some machine lap quilts.) I like a bit of challenge and lots of variation. I also love to find new ways to use things, rather than only as they are intended to be used. I like to play and experiment. I don't know, at this point, if what I'm trying to do is really "art," but I think it looks good and I'm going to frame it. I have a lot of fun doing it. And, no, I haven't done a lot of it yet. I'm just getting started.

Comments (3)