SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
korney19

Those early-mid-1900's (?) 4-1/4'' plastic tiles....

korney19
14 years ago

This house I believe was built in 1920 and the entire bathroom has these, walls & ceilings, they are 4.25" square and the bathroom tiles have gold/copper specks; the kitchen tiles are just plain pearly white around the sink area.

My Mom had someone clean the bathroom with some kind of spray bottle cleaner a few years ago, ever since then, the tiles pop off every now & then. To date, about 30 have come off on the wall along the bathtub at various locations. Perhaps the heavy duty cleaner ate away at the bond? or did water get behind them? They don't seem to use a grout and seem butted against each other.

Somehow a health inspector got access to the house and wrote her up for missing tiles as well as a carpet in the bathroom! Some other minor things too. Nothing better to do than pick on 85 year old ladies with Alzheimers!

Where can I buy these tiles? And what's the best way to reattach? I found about a dozen here and used a silicone/latex caulk to reattach. I still need another 15-20 tiles that I can't find. She may have lost them or threw them out.

Thanks for any help.

Comment (1)