SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vidyaram

Messed up my granite counters after sealing, help me!

vidyaram
13 years ago

Hi

We have a new kitchen with Jashmir white granite in the island and Black pearl in the perimeter. I sealed the Kashmir white with Miracle Sealants 511 natural stone sealer and enhancer with not much problems. I should have stopped it there. I went ahead and applied it to the perimeter granite too and now have rainbow like streaks and water cup rings and some other streaky spots on the black granite which was very nice to begin with. I read on the internet that I should not have applied sealer to pearl granites and that it needs to be stripped. In some tile forums, they have hazy tiles if the sealer is over applied and that the sealer has to be reapplied. Would you be kind enough to let me know if I should use a sealant stripper for the sealer or reapply the sealer again. This has been sitting for almost 5 days now:( If I have to apply a stripper for the sealer, should I use the Miracle Sealants 511 Sealant Residue Remover and Cleaner or Aqua Mix Sealer & Coating Remover? Please help me!

Comments (4)