SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wendylynders

My Wonderful Holiday Weekend....

wendylynders
15 years ago

We went to see my son in Portland, and took our friend Terri with us, as she is moving back to LA and she wanted a chance to say good bye to Tay. (Hoping they will see each other again, but,we wanted to make sure just in case.) Had a good visit with our son. We noticed that he is starting to rock a bit from front to back, which is a sign of autism, but he hadn't done that before now, so that was interesting. He had some very teary moments which is a big deal, as he really doesn't show that kind of emotions. Made us all teary, not a dry eye in the bunch. He had earned his way to the zoo, and was so excited for that... so we made sure we left in plenty of time for him to get ready.

We went and ate at Todais, and had a feast of sushi and tempura, and we were all in heaven.

STOP NOW.... if you think that the rest of the weekend went so well, you are sadly mistaken.

On our way home, our car died on the interstate. I-5! Gordy said it felt like it was not getting any power to it.... so we got as far off the side as we could and had to call a tow truck. When we left that morning, it was cold, so we all had on long sleeves, and jeans. Well, it was now so darned hot and here we sit on I-5! Thank goodness we were near an outlet mall to use the restroom.... We had the car towed... we had our friend come pick us up, (the girls as Gordy went with the car).

So, Sunday morning... I woke up at 3A so sick. I was throwing up bile and in a lot of pain. I felt like I had a fever. Thought it would go away. By six, I couldn't get up the stairs to get in a hot bath without help. Gordy called our hmo, and they told us to get to the emergency immediately. We had to drop Carlie off at Amanda's, and off we went. I guess I don't remember a lot of it, as I was in so much pain I was hyperventilating trying to not cry. They got me back. Since I was in so much pain, my blood pressure was through the roof, so they did an ekg... also a cat scan, and ultra sound. They said it sounded like upper GI problems, but couldn't see anything to terribly wrong there. They said that they did see two stones in my right kidney and four in my left, but they were all small???? They sent me home after 9 hours with oxycodone. They gave me enough to last three days. Guess what, still having just as many issues. Sometimes it is in my lower stomach, like I usually get with my stones, yet sometimes it is really high. It is in between my rib cage, just below my breasts and it is so painful. Gordy wants me to go back to the emergency, but I hate wasting money with them just sending me back home. Not my way of spending my money that I earn. I don't know what to do at this point, but I am sure we will be back there again. I am almost out of pain meds and it hasn't gone away.

So.... on the bright side, I did get to see my son, which nothing will ruin those moments. And I did eat sushi, which is way up there in my book!

Wish me luck...

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor