SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suellen_delawares

Girls with Goals. UFO's still live! 08/27 - 09/2

suellen_delawares
16 years ago

Girls with Goals is going to make a come back!

With people going on vacation during the summer postings are bound to fluctuate.

Post your goals for New Projects, WIP's and UFO's.

Goals set are what we plan to accomplish Monday-Sunday.

I will start a post on Saturday for our goals for the coming week. Next weeks goal setting post is on Saturday 09/01.

I will also start a post on Saturday for our Missions Accomplished. Post how you did on your goals and as always pictures are great. If this didn't make sense let me know.

My goal this week is to remember to start the two posts on Saturday. Just kidding! I am going to finish hand quilting a baby blanket and do the binding. Basically finish the quilt. Of course I will also need to post a picture.

Suellen

Here are some goals that were put on my original post asking what happened to Girls with Goals.

This is a good start for our come back:

Posted by lyndawn on Mon, Aug 27, 07

I quit posting the threads because there was a lack of posting on them. There were quite a few ppl in the beginning, but it dwindled way down. If you would like to start it again, I still have lots of UFO's to finish:)

My goal is to get 3/4 of my QAYG finished. Possibly working on the blanket stitch on my dresden plate blocks.

Lynette

Posted by cannahavana on Mon, Aug 27, 07

My last goal was to start on my bed quilt and have done so. I have about a third of the top done. Right now I am at a stand still because my LQS has run out of the main background fabric and I need 3 more yards.

I am also on the home stretch with my Grandmother's flower garden piecing. I have 4 more flowers to piece and then I need to join them with the rest of the top.

Rebecca

Posted by dian57 on Mon, Aug 27, 07

I finished my Happy Scrappy Houses top and decided it would look really great with a picket fence/grass/blue cloudy border, so it stays on the UFO list. I did draft a pattern and get the fabrics, so it's just a matter of sitting at the machine.

I got 6 of the 12 needed butterfly hanky squares done.

Emma's I Spy is at the longarm quilter's

Have a little more than one side of binding yet to complete on Emma's applique crib blanket, should be done today.

Have all the fabric picked and PP patterns sized for my neice's princess pillowcases.

Haven't touched the purple squares, teeshirt or falling leaves quilts since I originally posted.

Making some progress.

Posted by jennifer_in_va on Mon, Aug 27, 07

I have finished my apple core quilt...just need to do a label.

I've got all my borders on my mystery quilt. That will be ready for the quilt frame next.

I'm working on 'sandwiching' my fishy blocks with just backing for a shower curtain. Ran into trouble last night without a large enough space to do it. I need a queen sized ironing board!!! I think I'm going to try thread painting on this one to help 'quilt' it.

And I've begun a quilting plan for my dresdan plate...need to do some measuring and math to purchase backing.

Posted by geezerfolks on Mon, Aug 27, 07

I plan on going home (back to Fl) in a few weeks so I'll be posting. I have a quilt in the works.....I can't remember if it's as far as needing borders, but I think so. I also want to put the backing on the signature quilt DD used for a guest book at her wedding in 2001!

SharonG/FL (still in IN)

Posted by toolgranny on Mon, Aug 27, 07

Wonderful! Sounds like we all have goals and have just been keeping them in our heads.

Linda

Posted by fran1523 on Mon, Aug 27, 07

I finished quilting an aqua and ivory lap quilt from my stash and put the binding on. It just needs to be hand sewn to the back. Also made a baby size rail fence from my stash and quilted that. It also needs the binding finished. A third project is a country wall hanging made from a panel. I am in the process of quilting it right now. I'd like to finish it to donate to my church fair the week after next. I will not post pictures until I'm done with the last stitch. Keeps me honest.

We can reach are goals!

Comments (18)