SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
divabeadz

Old house w/lots of small rooms

divabeadz
16 years ago

We are keeping the overall layout of the house as is for the most part but I'm struggling with what to do with a couple of the rooms.

It's just DH and I. Our house is probably bigger than we need but we just love it.

On the first floor, we have 2 small rooms that the previous homeowners used as bedrooms, a roomy living room, a dining room, a moderately sized kitchen, and a small entryway and a bathroom. Our kitchen is large enough for a table so we've been using the dining room as an ofice for DH, but I'm not crazy about the use of this room, but don't have any other ideas for it. One of the small rooms is just holding boxes at this point in time while we renovate the kitchen. The other small room is used as a library.

On the second floor, there are 2 bedrooms adjoined by a french door. Across the hall is another bedroom that we are currently using as a walk-in closet since none of the rooms have closet space. (it's a turn of the century vernacular farmhouse). Then there is another room that I have a couple of tables set up in to do craft projects, but otherwise, this space is not used much - it's smaller than the other bedrooms, yet it's location seems to be a good spot for a master bedroom. You have to go through this room to get to the laundry room and the 2nd bathroom. I struggle with what is the best use of this room.

On the third floor, there are 2 more bedrooms and a wide open space that is entirely unused. We would like to finish this unused space to make it into a recreation type room.

If this was your house, where would you place the office/den rather than in the room that should be the dining room?

What would you do with the room that is on the second floor before the laundry room and bathroom (the room I'm currently using for crafts)?

Any ideas for all these rooms in our house?

Comments (2)