SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

Need help with Backsplash- Mock-up greatly appreciated :))

raehelen
16 years ago

OK,

Just when I'd about given up on finding a backsplash, found a couple of contenders while looking for tile for shower- figures- right?

I have three pics- one of each choice, and one of counter/cabinet without any in case anyone is willing and able to do a mock-up for me. Now that camera is working again (still need to buy a new one- but have a short reprieve), I can take more photos if required.

Short background, we are basically craftsman/mission type people, we love hand-crafted natural materials, floor is Tigerwood, can take pics with that if needed, but same tones as cabinets. There will be a short granite backsplash on counters- can be any height we want- so if we pick 3X3, we'd do 3" BS, 4X4, 4" BS. We are having solid granite windowsills, and backsplash underneath them (2 greenhouse windows), and solid behind stove. There will be a 5" radius curve from top of BS to 3" strip (Like Dorothy's).

I had two other choices, but DH vetoed them. One was ceramic subway tiles, in 2 tones, I kinda liked it, but think that these two suit the whole house motif better. AND, we still have a fireplace surround to do- and could incorporate something that ties in with BS- there will be the same granite on a ponywall in the LR (same room as FP). I'm adding a photo of the FP rough opening (in case anyone has any bright ideas). We have a beautiful slab of birds eye maple that we'll be making into the mantle leaving the outside edge natural- and are going to have two columns on either side of the opening outside the 6 foot wide hearth. Same Tigerwood flooring in LR as in kitchen. (See small sample in front of hearth?)

This tile really picks up the sagey green tones in granite

This slate has many of the tones in granite

This is blank counter

This is FP rough opening- 6 feet wide- hearth is 16" deep

{{!gwi}}

Comments (15)