SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_va

Okay here in VA

jennifer_in_va
12 years ago

First, and foremost, we're fine.

There hasn't been an earthquake of this magnatude in this area since something like 1869 or something like that. And I missed it! How did I miss it, you might ask? Well...

The kids and I were heading south on I95 heading to the water park at the local amusement park about 30 miles south of us. Actually closer to the epicenter! We felt nothing. Got to the park to find they'd closed everything in order to do a full inspection of all rides before reopening. Turned around and came home.

Only new about the earthquake because DH was at work near DC and heard the rumble, then the house (building) began to pitch (shake,) the rooms to twitch! [Sorry. couldn't resist!] He actually watched the walls of his building moving. Then they all evacuated outside. They closed the office and he beat us home. He called us before heading home and told me about it all.

So, the kids played a game of "what's wrong after the earthquake" when we got home. They've identified all sorts of things in every room. The poor dog was here alone with things falling down around him. Fortunately, he was protected by his crate and nothing major fell.

Hope all is well with everyone else. It's quite a story to tell... One that I didn't experience! LOL

Comments (15)