SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

August Block Lotto Winner, and the September Block

calliope
14 years ago

See post on August Block Lotto. Congratulations Micyrey!

This month's block was picked at Magothyrivergal's suggestion. She sent a picture of one block she had already made to trial it out (nice idea, to see how it translates into the real thing). Ladies and gent, feel free if you would like a particular pattern, to do this. It helps me to direct the lotto to projects you would like to do!

We are venturing to McCall's online free patterns for directions, for a change of pace from our usual haunts. This is a really good quilting site you'll want to explore if you haven't already. The pattern we will be making is an old traditional, Aunt Dinah's Choice. Please respect their use policies.

What we are asking for this month is a pair of blocks to count as one submission. We'll be using black and white again, with the center block a bright solid. We want one block to be the reverse of the other. See Maygo's pic for an example. The second block of the pair would use the white fabric where the black fabric was.

For each pair you submit, your name will go in the hat as a chance to win. Please use all cotton material. If you work in an area with smoke or pets, please sponge out your block, so we don't set off anybody's allergies. Mail your blocks to me to arrive no later than the last day of September, when the winner of all the blocks will be pulled. If your entry gets in late, your blocks will be sent on to the winner, but you won't have a change to win. Submit one dollar to cover with your blocks (no matter how many, just one dollar) to defray the cost of sending them on to the winner. Put your blocks in a baggie to protect them in transit, with your name and address, in case you win and they get sent back to you. Email me if you need my postal and I'll send it to you.

Here is a link that might be useful: McCall's Quilting

Comments (16)