SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gininmn

Need ideas for fund-raiser quilt

gininmn
12 years ago

I've been asked to suggest an appropriate quilt to make for a fund raiser for the annual meeting of the 2012 American Fisheries Society. Doesn't have to be just fish-themed but I think fish and aquatic focus would be the most appealing to those (fish people and some spouses) who will be attending the meeting. Several years ago, I suggested and spearheaded the making of a quilt for my state chapter. Solicited donations of blocks from members (or their quilting acquaintances) with the general fisheries/aquatic them, then the woman who is spearheading this one, designed it and completed it. It was great. I loved it and bought quite a few tickets, but alas, I didn't win it. lol

This donated quilt will be for the annual national meeting which is being hosted by our state chapter. A successful fundraiser is very important to the organization. Quilt would likely be raffled (chances likely sold only at the meeting) or maybe used in a silent auction. Obviously, we want to have something special. One idea I have is making a t-shirt quilt with fish/aquatic shirts, perhaps asking for donations of t-shirts from shops and those who sell ones that would work. I think that would be okay but likely not as special as something else. By the way, I'll help where I can but I won't be the one making the quilt. Linda is a much more experienced quilter (but very busy so can't do it all herself). I'd/We'd appreciate any suggestions -- patterns, fabrics, etc. that we might consider.

Comments (8)