SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doucanoe

RECIPE: Kahlua and Irish Cream

doucanoe
17 years ago

I make these for the hollidays and thought others may like to try them. Saves a bundle over buying brand names at the liquor store and they are just as good if not better.

Kahlua

2 c boiling water

2 oz instant coffee granules

4 c sugar

2 c brandy

vanilla bean

Stir the instant coffe into the boiling water to dissolve. Add sugar and stir until completely dissolved. add brandy. Pour into 1/2 gallon jar or bottle, drop in vanilla bean. Cover jar and store at room temp for 3-4 weeks. Remove bean before serving.

Irish Cream Liqueur INGREDIENTS 1 (750 milliliter) bottle Irish whiskey (I prefer Brandy) 8 3/4 ounces milk chocolate (I prefer dark) 2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk 2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk 2 1/2 cups heavy cream 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee DIRECTIONS Pour a small amount of whiskey into a large bowl. In the top of a double boiler, melt chocolate, stirring constantly until smooth. Mix the melted chocolate with the whiskey in the bowl. Gradually stir in the sweetened condensed milk and the evaporated milk. Stir in the cream, instant coffee granules, and the remaining whiskey. Pour mixture into 3 (750 ml) bottles, seal and store in refrigerator. Best if kept at least 1 month before using. To serve: shake bottle well, serve in small glasses over crushed ice. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Here is another T&T but it uses raw eggs. Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur INGREDIENTS 1 3/4 cups Irish whiskey, brandy, rum, bourbon, and scotch or rye whiskey 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk) 1 cup whipping cream 4 eggs 2 T chocolate syrup 2 tsp instant coffee 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp almond extract DIRECTIONS In blender container, combine ingredients; blend until smooth. Serve over ice. Store tightly covered in refrigerator. Stir before serving. Linda

Comments (2)