SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beverlyal

RECIPE: Grilled Turkey Cuban Sandwiches

BeverlyAL
18 years ago

This is an excellent sandwich and the recipe comes from the Nov issue of Bon Appetit. I like it for the taste and also because I had all the ingredients on hand. I used less Sriracha than called for. In the mag it goes into how to grill it using weights. Everyone here knows how to do that so I will omit those instructions. I used my George Foreman grill and didn't use any butter. Delicious!

Grilled Turkey Cuban Sandwiches

Makes 6

1 cup mayonnaise, divided

1 tablespoon hot chili sauce (such as Sriracha)

1/3 cup (packed)finely chopped fresh mint

2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

2 tablespoons minced shallot

1 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 1-lb loaf ciabatta bread, ends trimmed, bread cut crosswise into 6 pieces (each about 5 X 3 inches), each halved horizontally

12 deli slices Swiss Cheese

1 pound thinly sliced Black Forest ham

6 1/4 inch thick slices cooked turkey breast (I used thinner slices)

6 tablespoons (about) butter

Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise and chili sauce in small bowl. Mix 1/2 cup mayonnaise, mint, and next 4 ingredients in another small bowl.

Spread chili mayonnaise over cut sides of bread. Top each bottom half of bread with 1 cheese slice, ham slices, and 1 turkey slices. Sprinkle turkey with salt and pepper. Spoon mint mayonnaise over turkey. Top with remaining cheese and top halves of bread. Working in batches, melt 2 tablespoons butter in large griddle over medium heat. Add 3 sandwiches; top with pieces of foil, place pan atop sandwiches. Weight down and cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Do the same with other side of sandwich. Repeat process with other sandwiches. Cut in half, serve.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company