SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zartemis

Where to clamp pasta roller?

zartemis
13 years ago

In one of my first layout posts here (where I listed the kinds of cooking we do) someone insightful mentioned having a place to clamp our meat grinder. I didn't put much thought into it because years ago we upgraded to one with a motor (since we make a lot of sausage) and don't use a clamp any more.

But last week we did some lamb ravioli and out came the pasta roller and it does clamp.

I was thinking at first we could clamp it to the counter overhang on the working side of the peninsula. See here:

From home designer

But we are all right-handed and that placement seems less than ideal. Not sure it's smart to put it at the end of a 18" overhang (on the side across from the dishwasher), but as long as we overengineer support? A pasta roller is much lighter and doesn't cause the stresses that a clamp-on meat grinder would.

We could clamp to the small overhang of the countertop over the cabinets and that might work for granite, but probably less well for soapstone, no? Do any of you soapstone folks clamp to your soapstone? Perhaps using small flat pieces of wood to spread the clamp load?

Anyone use a pullout board for a pasta roller? I'm having trouble picturing how it would pull out and then allow space for the dough to go.

Suggestions?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company