SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mreenrn

dark north facing living room- tired of gold

mreenrn
9 years ago

HI all,
I'm in a rut...a golden rut....
I have lived in 3 houses in the last 4 years and all have had living rooms that face north with little to no natural light. All the room were painted a mustard/gold color. I'm so tired of that color.

In our new house we are putting northern michigan red oak hw flooring in the living room with rubio monocoat pure color coating. The grain will be brown but the rest of the flooring will be a light tan. Northern Michigan red oak is much less red than Appalachian red oak so it won't go reddish yellow.

The dilemma? My eye is naturally drawn to the yellows/golds! UGH! Like I said, I'm in a rut. I usually use BM paint with the occasional SW.

Any ideas for colors? My furniture is very neutral and I can accent color with throw pillows/rugs/accessories. Am I going to forever be the house with gold walls?

Unfortunaetly, I'm unable to show pictures as the flooring isn't in yet and the OSB 3/4" subfloor is SOOOO unattractive. DH would like to paint before we lay the hw down. I've looked a design seeds until my eyes are crossed and nothing strikes my fancy except.......gold.
Help me please!
MM

Comments (16)