SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_pare

Cool white for NorthWest facing living room

Kristen Pare
4 years ago

Anyone have any ideas for a cool white that would work for a living/entry/dining space. Its a Charleston style home which is a long entry/living space and the one back corner is very dark. The one window facing to the backyard has an attached screen porch which gets some sun in mid to early afternoon- I have double side windows mid point of the rooms. I have tried SW Eider White but it is definitely turning a purple in that corner. Currently it has the original 15 yr old SW Natural Choice and its really a dingy yellow type color. I favor the calm cool end of the color wheel. I plan to add an engineered wood in a weathered oak with grey and tans-mid range. The other colors tend to be really dark in that corner. I am thinking SW Snowbound as an option -actually was going to use this for trim and ceiling but love any advice. This is the first home I have struggled with paint due to the long rooms instead of wide. I would also like to paint the interior entry door and double french door to the screened porch to add some interest. I'm looking at a darker version -SW Northstar and Krypton but both have blues in them (which I like but afraid it all might be to dark). Thank you!

Comment (1)