SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puterputz_gw

Up for the Challenge?

puterputz
9 years ago

Hello,
I am in a mess and need help. Long story short, it looks like we will be in this house longer then expected and I am determined to dress this up to make it look nice so I can have people over. We painted everything grey because I wanted neutral. I am having trouble accessorizing and pulling everything together. Then I wanted color so I bought two canvas prints that I liked and now I am thrown by what colors, pillows ect. So here it goes if you want to take a shot at this. All ideas welcomed!

1. LIVING ROOM: We just bought sectional and I hate it. We may switch in a year but for now we're stuck with it. Entertainment will stay (the top row can have pictures, fabric inserted, doors can be replaced to different types (Ikea Besta). Large Hutch needs to stay. Tan chairs and Ottoman will be going. I am thinking of doing a large gallery wall on the wall that the hutch is in. Rug needs to be dark in color (we have 3 large dogs) and because of dogs, long curtains aren't a good idea either:)..the dirty white chair and ottoman (that my junk and lap top are on) will go also.

2. Dining Room: DR is narrow. Just bought seagrass chairs. Want to get a narrower table like 36" to give more room. Thinking black or glass top? I have an old art deco buffet in storage that I was thinking of painting with a pop of color or silver to put on the wall next to the palm plant. I prefer no rugs in DR because of dog hair:)

3. SunRoom: Is a 11x15 size room. Each window is 6'x6'. The armoire, dog crate, will be going. I can put victrola and chest in storage but will not get rid of those. I just bought that seagrass chair (like it) and I was thinking of getting another one to put with a table in the corner. However, I can return it so I don't need to keep it. DH made the white cabinet (stores our liquor) Thought was to have him turn it into a bar but friend thinks I should get a small scale love seat and a couple of chairs instead.

My goal is #1 to help create good flow for entertaining so people will use all rooms. #2 Make our home pulled together with pops of color and accessorizes. I have wasted so much money on the wrong pillows, fabrics, chairs, rugs ect.

I took a lot of pictures that you can look at. Forgive the mess, but we are planning a garage sale next week. Along with pictures of the house, I did upload pictures of some furniture I was looking at. One blue accent chair for LR, Smaller scale DRoom table (although I think its too rustic), and loveseat (only 47" wide_ with 2 teal chairs that can double as extras in DR if needed.

Thank you in advance for your 2 cents!!!

http://s255.photobucket.com/user/puterputzbucket/slideshow/House%20jeffords

Dana

Comments (3)