SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashlie_neevel

Anyone Up For A Challenge?

Ashlie Neevel
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm posting to get some advice on planting design for my garden from the knowledgeable and seasoned gardeners here. I live in Amsterdam, Netherlands which is EU Hardiness Zone 8. My garden is East Facing and gets unobstructed full sun in the mornings with filtered light and mostly shady throughout the day. The areas in question are the small flower beds between my buxus sempervirens hedges which are 1 ft high x 1 ft wide. I have provided images of my garden in both a general overview as well as a gridded format. On the gridded image each small square is equal to 6 square inches (15 sq cm).

I know that I would like to use begonia picotee bridesmaids and harlequin (those are the ones I like and have found available here) but I would also like to have flowers in the spring. Obviously I am trying to create a continual floral presence, but when working in such small areas it makes planning rather difficult. I have no quams about having to dig bulbs up and store them for the following year but I am unable to start plants in pots inside my home due to space issues.

I am looking for something that is full and colorful, think fancy castle garden but on a much much smaller scale LOL. I would very much appreciate any advice and/or examples of plantings using the graphed image I provided to reference pattern and spacing. So what do you say? Are you up for a challenge?

If you need any further information from me just let me know.
{{gwi:27034}}

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County