SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calliope_gw

So Many Quilts, So Little Time!

calliope
16 years ago

Just grinning here, because one of my life-long ambitions was to do a bed-sized quilt. I put it off, and put it off for years. Okay, more like decades! Getting brave, two winters ago, and not being able to find a good quality quilted spread for a day bed in my newly remodeled living room, I decided to make one myself.

I started with an easy one. A puff quilt in a Round the World pattern. I fell in love. Success breeds ambition and decided to tackle the one pattern I'd wanted to do all my life, and that was a tumbling block. That was last winter's project and it was a gift to my mother on her last Christmas on earth. Boy, did she love that quilt!

Starting a new one now, to keep my hands busy in those hours late at night, until I feel sleepy and this one is yet another quilt I've always admired. That would be a Cathedral Windows. I'm far enough into it now not to be tempted to turn back. LOL. And I can't wait to finish it so I can start a string quilt!

I love the traditional folksy quilts and am a seriously committed green person, so all my quilts are actually made with scrap materials. What isn't good enough for a quilt gets recycled into braided rag rugs, one of which I also have in process to use up some wine red bedsheets and a dusty blue patterned one.

I guess what I am saying is there are so many wonderful patterns to do, and starting this late in life (late fifties) if I ever want to get them all done, I'd like to try, that means each new quilt should be different than the last.

Is this typical? rofl. After the string quilt, I want to do Grandma's Flower garden with the English paper piecing method.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH