SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
canobeans_gw

Which light fixture do you prefer?

canobeans
15 years ago

Hello all! Don't you love getting to help spend someone else's money? Help me spend some!

I need to get a new chandelier for my DR for resale. We are taking the one that's hanging now -- it belonged to my mom. Unfortunately, my DH broke the one that was hanging when we moved in, so we couldn't just put it back up. That's OK, it wasn't that great anyway!

So I'm not sure which direction to go for resale. Obviously I'm not looking to spend a whole lot, but I wouldn't put up something too cheap either. I just don't know what style. Our current chandy is crystal, and I love it in the context of how I have the room decorated. But once the house is empty, I don't know what will be most attractive to a buyer.

Here are pics of the DR now. I am considering leaving the curtains (I do have others to put up if I take these) but only if the buyer will pay for them. I couldn't possibly leave them if there was a possibility the buyer might just get rid of them right away. There was bloodshed in the making of the curtains, and I love them. LOL. Just not sure they will work in a future house as well as they work here.

I could easily go bigger than the current fixture, but not really smaller. Probably looking for something around 28" in diameter. Here are some possible styles -- the house is on the traditional side, with some contemporary thrown in, and ALL the hardware in the house is shiny brass (...I know...) so I'm staying away from anything with silver tones.

Sorry that last pic is so big!

I'm looking more for your thoughts on the styles vs. these actual fixtures (though feel free to lobby for one of them!). I still need to shop around, check craigslist, etc. Just need to know the direction I should go. If you have other ideas throw them my way too!

Thank you!!!

Comments (17)