SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
san__gw

LOOKING for: 'spritz' cookies and soft gingersnaps

san_
17 years ago

what i know about baking wouldn't fill a 1/4 teaspoon but i'm feeling nostalgic, so do help please!

thanksgiving is approaching and reminds me that Mom would soon begin her holiday cookies. (she was an incredible baker and i am anything BUT one!) i was thinking about her spritz cookies and on a total impulse, i find myself the owner of a cookie press. she'd be proud i'm sure, but i haven't a clue what to put in there. do any of you have a recipe for them? they are basically a butter shortbread cookie. and as i was looking through recipes, i wondered if other types of refrigerated dough recipes could be put into a press. what do you think?

secondly, about the only way i really care for much ginger is in gingersnaps or ginger molasses cookies. and one of my former co-workers made sort of a soft/chewy gingersnap that was better than anything i could imagine! unfortunately, she left before i could ask for the recipe. if you can help with either of the recipes or my general question about using other refrigerated doughs in the cookie press, i sure would appreciate it!

Comments (11)