SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
orangedaisy52_gw

Drapery length and style for high ranch strip windows

orangedaisy52
14 years ago

I am going to be redoing my kids bedroom and replacing the existing drapery...I'm in need of a little advice. The room is 12x13, has 8 foot ceilings, and two sets of strip windows. The strip windows are about 30 inches high and one set is about 120 inches long...the other is slightly shorter. They currently have pinch pleated drapes hung on plain carrier rods (cords at the end open and close the drapes). The drapes extend from just above the window frame to about 6 inches below. This style looks really...well...truncated....like someone chopped off the drapes...like a flouncy wedding dress miniskirt.

So I would like to go a bit longer, but not too long....if I went to the floor I'd be covering 90% of two walls with drapes! I'm also planning on updating the hardware, so I have the option of taking the drapes to the ceiling (about an 8 inch gap now). I'm open to other styles of drapes but want something that can be opened and closed with a side cord.

I'd love to hear ideas. BTW the house is a classic 50's modern ranch...these windows are those Anderson patent pending awning windows from the 50's. There's about 5 feet of wall between the bottom of the window and the floor.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm