SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikkia2112

Need help w/ paint in open floor plan

nikkia2112
13 years ago

Hi all! I need major help/advice with choosing paint colors for our new house. The floor plan is very open with a two story family room adjacent to the kitchen. The upstairs hallway is visible from the family room downstairs.

Do I stick with the same colors, or at least colors on the same paint strip? That is what I am thinking. I must tell y'all that this was a foreclosure, and that's why it's a mess! We have A LOT of cleaning up to do. Every room needs to be painted and LOTS of interesting metallic wallpaper must be removed. I can't wait to paint the kitchen b/c that color isn't my style at all. The cabinets will be painted white...I am not sure what look they were going for. Right now they look like they were in the middle of a project that didn't get finished.

Anyway, I've attached a few pics that will give you a general idea. The family room/kitchen gets lots of light. The colors I'm thinking of are SW Blonde, or SW Whole Wheat, maybe Restrained Gold. Is that too dark? My current furniture is an olive green but we are buying new ASAP. I still can't decide on a sofa either. I've really had my eye on one of those slipcovered beauties. Argh! Help! I have to make a decision about the paint soon.

Thanks so much!!

Nicole

Comments (5)