SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sundance510

Battle of the fixtures!

sundance510
9 years ago

Hi everyone! I need some advice on my kitchen fixtures, if you all don't mind. To start, here is what I have so far... and yes, I know the cabinets are orange. I have accepted it as a challenge.

Here is a close-up of my current fixture situation:

I really like the look of this pendant and was thinking it would go well over the sink. It's 8.1 inches... I have no idea if that is the right scale for that area.

Now here's where things get tricky. I want to take out that florescent light. I'm not sure where the box is positioned under there. If it allows for it, I would love to put in a small ceiling fan. I get so hot while I'm cooking (we are in the south)! It would probably have to be 24-30 inches.... again, I don't have a good concept of scale. However, I am concerned that I will lose good working light. Also, would you go with black to coordinate with the appliances, white to blend into the ceiling or chrome? Or is a ceiling fan a bad idea altogether?

Lastly, I know I want a different fixture over the table, but I have no idea what style. I feel like there are so many fixtures in a small space! This is our only eating space, if that makes any difference.

Thanks!!

Comments (11)