SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dancingqueengw

Anyone with rectified porcelain tile floor?

dancingqueengw
14 years ago

My house is 22 years old and I am working to update it area by area. My next project is replacing the tile in the front foyer. The space is a T shape with the top of the T being 145" wide in the area of the front door and it has a 40 inch wide base of the T running down the hall to my kitchen. There is a small powder room on the right of the hallway that will have to have the same flooring since it is continuous.

The current tile is a "pillow top" look tile in off white with pretty wide grout lines in a light grey. I found a tile which I understand is a "rectified tile" so very flat and quite contemporary. I love that it can have a 1/16" grout line.

Does anyone have any pictures of rectified tile floors they have put in in solid colors with very thin grout lines? I'm thinking a basic off white tile with off white grout. I suppose with that small of a grout line I could do a light grey as well but I really don't want the tiles to stand out from each other.

Appreciate any help/thoughts. I did check the flooring forum but the examples there all had patterned tile.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz