SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
overmyhead08

When Did You Request a Redo from the Kitchen Cabinet Co.?

overmyhead08
15 years ago

First off, let me say that there have been so many beautiful, inspirational, TRADITIONAL kitchens showcased on this forum, that I am in awe and I congratulate you all. (I emphasized "traditional" because I generally prefer a modern look, but some of the traditional kitchens have been so beautiful that I've had to rethink my professed tastes.)

I am in the process of my own kitchen cabinet install, and some of my cabinets arrived with blemishes in the finish. While many of the blemishes can be touched up or will be hidden by the countertop, one or two of my drawer fronts have a streak in the finish that probably can't be covered with the touch-up pen (the finish is very dark, nearly espresso). Can or should I ask for replacement drawer fronts? My wine cabinet in particular has an uneven finish in every corner of the openings. Because the corners (about 1/4" to 1/2" inch in each direction vertically and horizontally) are about three shades lighter than elsewhere on the cabinet, I also don't think I'll just be able to touch them up. Can or should I ask for a new wine cabinet, or should I just pay someone to airspray the stain into the corners? (The stain has to be airsprayed, so my carpenter doesn't feel he can do it.)

By the way, my cabinets are by Dynasty/Omega. I know there have been some who in the past have posted that they don't think Omega Cabinetry is up to par with other brands in the same price range -- and I can't comment on the Omega line specifically -- but my carpenter has been very impressed with the quality of my Dynasty cabinets -- from packaging to the 11-ply sides, to the Blum hardware, to the squareness of the boxes. I am pleased with the value received for my cabinets as well, notwithstanding the mostly cosmetic imperfections I pointed out above.

Comments (3)