SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cakequeen_gw

Dishwashers and matching handles

cakequeen
14 years ago

How important is it to match appliance handles? I'm looking at two Bosch stainless DWs: Evolution 500 and Integra 500. Both are about the same price. The Evolution doesn't have handles and has the controls on the front; the Integra has a clean look with only a handle and the controls on top. I prefer the clean look but am concerned about being wedded to a matching refrigerator that I may not want. I'm also wondering if I'll have a permanent bruise on my hip since its adjacent to a smallish sink and might be bumping against a handle when I'm working there.

I don't know what refrigerator I'll buy yet, maybe the bosch FD when it comes out; I'm thinking about a full depth stainless model but also I like the Electrolux full depth too. HOw important is it to match the handles in a smallish kitchen? My hood and cooktop are also stainless but aren't by the same maker (Miele and Wolf), I'm using an older model aluminum and glass double Gagg wall oven so I'm already 'outside the lines' when it comes to matching appliance finishes. I'm concerned about the appearance of visual chaos.

I'll likely have a white kitchen with very tall cabs and stone countertops with matching island, tall windows and built in victorian era white cabs and pantry against a wall. Is all this too much?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments (8)