SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nadine33_gw

Need help with designing basement

nadine33
14 years ago

So we finally decided that we need to convert the basement from storage to living space. We are taking down a wall and opening the basement up to an L shape. One portion will remain unfinished as it's the laundry room that will be closed off. But now I'm trying to design the rest of the room. I've attached a pic to give you an idea. There is a small bump-out in the upper right corner that holds the water vaalves. But my main idea is whats shown. Adding in a sectional couch, and a whole wall of storage as we still will need it. Maybe a TV in the shelving. I added in a small desk at the end for our computer/office stuff, and the rainbow "bed" would be a train table for the kids. I also have a pantry piece that use right now, just below the laundry room. The shelving will hold various storage along with the kids toys, and I'm sure the bottom wall will hold some more toys too. Does anyone have any suggestions for the shelving wall? I'm debating between just floating shelves, or actually getting a bunch of bookcases to line up next to each other. THe toughest part is the top right corner. I'd hate to waste that space, but not sure how to utilize it. I also included my original inspiration idea for the wall o' storage.

my idea:

Inspiration photo:

Comments (9)