SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
queenofmycastle0221

Don't be mad but.....

we went with the barn red roof. I know it was against most of my advice but my dh and I are thrilled with it.

However, I still could use some major advice. BTW (it was the darkest color we could use and still get the tax credit).

1st of all there was green shutters on the house which obviously didn't work. One of you advised putting wider shutters so after we took down the green ones I began looking for wider shutters. I couldn't find anything without paying to go custom, that was wider than the 14" that were there. There wasn't too many other options so I painted one set white and we took the rest on the front off. Everyone raved about how it looked better without any, but I'm on the fence.

2nd the rhodadendrins are in full sun and one has already died. My MIL says they need to be uprooted and moved around to the side of the house where it would get some shade. So I was thinking of expanding the landscaped area into a little "courtyard" to the left of the steps and moving the bench over there and plant the Japanese Maple that I just got (a very long story) hehe.

Any thoughts/ideas appreciated!

Now onto the back! Please look over the mess!

My dh just put this shed type cover over my back deck so that I could have a covered "porch". I have wanted one for years. We plan to pour a concrete patio from the deck over past the door into the garage to that end of the house. A hot tub will go under the windows. Obviously the green shutters will come down either to be blank or painted white to match the front. The house is only 11 yrs old but the deck looks bad. I had planned to paint the banisters white and cover the bottom with carpet. After seeing a few decks this weekend, I am thinking a stain and then an outdoor rug.

I would love some ideas on this pretty much blank canvas!

Thank you! Oh and BTW, the house sits in the middle of 20 acres so there are no neighbors homes to compare/contrast!

Alicia

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!