SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dknipe

Lower level, basement, wet bar, kitchenette.....pics, ideas?

Sidney4
12 years ago

Do you have one? What works for you? What are the most useful features? In a limited space, what are the must haves for storage and appliances? Do you have pictures?

Call it what you want, but I have 15 feet of wall space in my lower level/ basement where I want to install some combination of kitchen cabinets and appliances. I don't want it to look like a "man cave" nor do I want a church basement kitchen look either. I want to find a layout that is functional and blends in with a yet to be decorated adjacent family room. If anyone out there has a similar set up in their basement I would love to know what you included in the way of storage and appliances and it would be great if you had some pictures.

It is just my DH and me living at home but this is the space where our very active grand kids hang out when they drop by and where we often entertain when the entire family is here for holidays. We have used the lower level for business meetings when we wanted a casual setting away from the distractions of the office and there are two guest suites down there as well. Given all that, I see this kitchenette / wet bar multitasking as a coffee/breakfast bar, snack center, serving area for cookouts (ours is a walk out basement that accesses our patio and grill) and a bar for entertaining our adult guests. I know we need a sink, microwave and a useful amount of counter space. I have a full refrigerator in the storage area behind what will be the kitchen area so I don't know if we should augment that with a beverage fridge or not.

I can't have it all and I am on a budget so I need to make practical decisions and want to avoid frivolous frills .We are getting down to the wire on decisions and I would appreciate any feed back on what is truly useful in a basement kitchen...or what ever you want to call it. GW has always been my go to place whenever I have had to make decisions related to home design and decorating, so here I am again. You're the best!

Comments (12)