SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gillylily

What backsplash would you use to brighten up room?

gillylily
14 years ago

I posted a similar post a while back.. but that was before we moved into our house and used the kitchen. Now that we are here and I am seeing the natural light as well as the room lit up at night, I am wondering what recommendations some may have for a backsplash to keep the kitchen brighter -piggybacking on someone else's post about their kitchen being too dark with the dark countertops and dark backsplash..

This is my kitchen from a far with all natural light- Please don't mind the cleaning supplies. I am clearly avoiding doing what really needs to be done and finishing cleaning up my kitchen--

I have absolute black granite on perimeter cabinets with cherry stained alder and typhoon bordeaux granite on the island with black painted cabs.

I want to do something to lighten up the room but also coordinate with the typhoon bordeaux and add a little umph to the absolute black... Any suggestions? I am totally open to anything at this point.. Should I keep it simple with a few pops of black/and some colors from the TB?

Comments (8)