SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jellyben_gw

Our buyers backed out

jellyben
16 years ago

Given the goings on over the last few days I am not surprised. We came to an agreement very quickly over the price, and then my agent passed on a request that we not paint or deep clean before we move out because the buyer had an extreme sensitivity to smells. Then the request to not use perfume, and to clean the house with just water, for the remainder of our time here. Then came a request to allow the buyer to spend a couple of hours in the house to see if she had a reaction to the house. I came home to find her with her baby sleeping on my couch and no agent with her. He just left her alone in the house. She then told me she would leave as soon as the baby woke up, which she did an hour later. Then a request for her to spend 2 more hours in the home today(with the understanding that her agent must stay with her). That never happened because they backed out this morning.

I am not surprised at all, but of course disappointed. I am quite confident our home doesn't smell(I have asked enough people), so not sure what it is that got to her. But for now I am off to clean my house with actual cleaning supplies instead of water!

Comments (33)